1) End of semester stuff: grading four classes’ worth of research papers and one class of Creative Projects in less than one week.
2) Collecting and shipping off book drive stuff for the English Honor Society.
3) Lesson planning for my two Summer I Comp II classes since I adopted a new textbook (which involves revising a syllabus and creating brand new PowerPoint presentations)
4) Revising and revising and revising the student resource guide for the college’s Common Book for next semester
5) Doing long-due yardwork (including hiring a tree service to lop off dangerous limbs) and getting stung by a wasp for my efforts
6) Treating the allergic reaction for said wasp sting (lots of antihistamines, lots of steroids, lots of antibiotics for the infection that came with the sting)
7) Enduring a huge hailstorm while waiting for a tornado a few miles south of my house to pass on by
8 ) Assessing post-storm damage (lots of fallen branches, one broken bedroom window) and cleaning up
9) Getting a gift for a little girl’s 1st birthday
10) Helping my sister get over her fear of approaching her various creditors/collectors
11) Working with the soon-to-be Ex-Hubby about paying out his share of the house’s equity (that his lawyer will agree with)
12) Raising my kid to the best of my ability (including addressing his sudden fear of the dark)
13) Remembering to breathe.