Just random list of things that got done, things being done, and things yet to do.
1. After purchasing a portable a/c for the new music room, the Hubby’s new space not only accommodates all of his instruments and gear better than the old space (a tiny back bedroom) but is much cooler than the old space, as well. (With temps in the triple digits for several days in a row this July, this is not a minor thing.)
2. Speaking of instruments, the Hubby’s new-for-him Gretsch guitar (yay for Craigslist) sounds lovely and is very shiny. 🙂
3. The Hubby, Daniel, and I checked out the local petting farm last weekend. Very very hot, but the little guy had fun, running around and looking at the animals. He got to pet a rabbit and a couple of goats. The rest of the animals were too hot to be active, especially the poor unshorn sheep.
4. After a CPR/AED/First Aid class that I took on July 7 at work, I closed up my office, and I’m officially on break till mid-August.
However, I’m now eyebrow-deep in the Great Scanning of College Classnotes, which I’ve been meaning to do for quite awhile. With the loss of the one coat closet (it was turned into the interior doorway to the new music room), the stuff in the adjacent library/front office area got moved around, and storage space is now at a premium. We can ill-afford my packrat’s nest of binders, taking up the space in the chifforobe-now storage cabinet. So I’m scanning and then culling those notes.
Good God, I took a lot of notes. I cleared the bottom half of the the cabinet, which took a few days. Now I have the top half to tackle. Mind-numbing stuff, scanning. But I’m enough of an academic that I just can’t throw away my undergrad and grad school notes without preserving them — I just may need them if I find myself having to teach any of this stuff.
5. Thanks to Netflix, I’m able to show new children’s videos to Daniel… because seeing the same free Elmo vids on YouTube is starting to make the grown-ups crazy and the little one bored. 🙂
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie tomorrow! (Or, if you’re like my youngest sister who’s staying up to watch the midnight premier, in a couple of hours.) My sisters and I had a mini-Potter marathon yesterday (we #3, 4, and 5), in preparation for it.
7. An old friend’s son’s baby shower is this weekend, but we’re waiting to see what gets purchased (yay, online gift registries) before we get anything, to avoid duplication.
Good God, time flies. I remember when his son was a little boy… and now he’s having a little boy of his own, next month.
8. Which reminds me — nearly two years later, and I’m still battling post-pregnancy weight. Enough excuses, especially since the Hubby moved my exercise gear into the empty space that used to be the old music room. 138 pounds may not sound that heavy, but it’s not healthy on a 5’2″ frame, especially when most of that weight is around the core area of the body. I feel like a pear-shaped momma-penguin, with the endurance of a couch potato mouse. Not good.
9. As for the ENGL 1302 and ENGL 2333 redesign — those can wait until the scanning’s done!
Okay — that should help me remember! If I don’t write anything down, I’ll pretty much forget everything.