What’s on the Lizardqueen’s To-Do list this week:
1) Grade like a machine: I not only have ENGL 1302 research papers and presentations to grade but also ENGL 1301 research papers as well. Good for the ENGL 1301 students — a short research paper is great prep for the long ENGL 1302 research paper. But not so good for the ENGL 1301 professor — egads, I gotta grade all of these things! By the end of this week! EEEEK! Then there’s my Final Exams to administer and grade… and then the grades to submit online by the end of this week. ::thwok:: (sound of forehead hitting desk)
2) Continue baby-proofing the house: Daniel’s over seven month’s old now (pictures and maybe a brief video to follow) and he’s not only rolling and creeping/scooting on his belly, he’s starting to get on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. CRAWLING IS NIGH!
Like a madwoman, I picked up the bookcases with bottom cabinet doors that I ordered from Wally World (yes, yes, WalMart is morally awful, but in this economy, every inflated dollar counts) a couple of weeks ago, and I assembled and placed them in situ this weekend. Now loose stuff in the livingroom are either a) behind cabinet doors or 2) placed well out of a baby’s reach.
Next, out with the ginormous CRT TV, in with the 19″ LCD HDTV that now hangs from the wall — yay, the Hubby! — well out of the reach of curious baby hands.
Next: electrical outlet plugs, cabinet locks, and baby gates. Woo-hoo! Have a baby; stimulate the economy. 🙂
3) Attend contractually-obligated graduation ceremony this Thursday: Since the Hubby has to attend his school’s graduation as well, it’s babysitter time for Daniel. Hopefully, it’ll be my mom.
4) SKD end-of-semester business: Mail out certificates to those who couldn’t attend the Induction Ceremony on April 27, submit final receipts for fundraisers, email end-of-semester message.
5) Baptism class: That’s this Saturday. Gotta attend that (along with the Hubby and our two friends who are Daniel’s godparents).
And that’s just *this* week… ::whew::