In honour of the old year ending and the new year just around the corner, and after yet another day in discovering more boogeymen in the Lizard Queen’s mental closet, here’s the things that the Lizard Queen has (re)discovered this past year and will learn to live with:
1) Acrophobia. It’s a weird thing. No problem in skyscrapers. No problem in rollercoasters and other amusement park rides. No problem in airplanes. No problem in trees and rooftops two to three stories high. But put me in an open balcony with low walls overhanging the ground more than three stories above, and watch me quake like a stupid idiot as I lose all sense of up and down and the world goes round and round. Shit.
2) Seasonal Depression. Sunlight and fireplaces and brightly lit places are good.
3) Childhood Abuse Shit. Happened long ago. Remembered it this past year. Shit.
4) Infertility (?) NFP only works when the plumbing works. The plumbing doesn’t seem to be working, so will need medical assist. Thems the breaks.
1) Dissertation humming along. 16 sources away from finishing all of the research, after which the writing phase (which was on hold in August) will get back into gear for awhile.
2) New house!
3) Passed Green Glove in savate. Will perhaps pass Red Glove sometime next year if work my ass off. Still dislike sparring (short arms, short legs = no wind) but learning to like weapons even though I’m bad at them.
4) Will be teaching a bona fide literature class for the first time ever in the spring.
I love my friends. I love my family. All in all, it’s been a pretty good year…